- The Ancestry Insider reports that the number of images at FamilySearch has surpassed Ancestry. FamilySearch has a lot of images that aren't indexed. James Tanner at Genealogy's Star notes that Ancestry has a lot of indexes without images. And without the images, there's no way to verify that the record has been transcribed correctly.
- Audrey Collins at The Family Recorder reminds us: "There are many popular records that you can find on more than one genealogy site, and if you don't find what you want one one site, it's a good idea to try another one." - Same BMD Databases, Different Sites
- Back on September 28th the Statistical Abstract of the United States was released. (hat/tip: Dublin Library)
- The 110th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy has been released at CreativeGene. The theme: Which type of tree best represents your family history? The theme for the 111th edition is Autumn Weddings, with a deadline of November 1st. More details.
- Kerry Scott at Clue Wagon reports that Scientists Discover Virus Responsible for Genea-Skankery
The following individuals participated this past Monday in the weekly meme I began back in February of 2009: Amanuensis Monday. I apologize if I missed anyone, as I had to rely on Google to find many of the posts. It is my understanding Thomas MacEntee at Geneabloggers will be back in town and tracking participation in the daily blogging prompts tomorrow.
- Claire at MahoganyBox
- Joan at Roots'n'Leaves
- John Newmark at TransylvanianDutch
- Karen at Genealogy Frame of Mind
- Leslie Ann at Ancestors Live Here
- RAH at Blundering Blindly Backwards
- Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings
- Yvette Porter Moore at Digging Roots: My Family History
Other Weekly Link Lists
Many of those who usually appear below post on Friday. However, Randy usually does an excellent job of listing other lists.
- Randy Seaver's Best of the Genea-Blogs at Genea-Musings
- Ruth Blair's Ruth's Recommendations at The Passionate Genealogist
- Elizabeth O'Neal's Best Bytes at Little Bytes of Life
- Julie Cahill Tarr's Friday Finds at GenBlog
- Liz Haigney Lynch's Links at The Ancestral Archaeologist
- Diane Haddad's Genealogy News Corral at Genealogy Insider
- Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak's Genealogy Round-Up at MSS's Roots World