- Kimberly Powell at About.com Genealogy suggests Using Patents to Enrich Your Genealogy. Her post reminded me of the patent I discovered five years ago.
- Philip Trauring at Blood and Frogs reports that JRI-Poland and The Polish Archives have officially signed the agreement that was announced as upcoming back in January. The details of the agreement are exciting, and I look forward to the simplifying of the record ordering process, and all the digitization.
- Biff Barnes at The Armchair Genealogist provides some tips on Using the Tools of Creative Non-Fiction to write your family history.
- The Tragic Ballad of Crazy Jane - G.M. Lewis, circa 1800 - shared by Emily Brand at The Georigian Bawdyhouse
- Jonathan Bailey at Plagiarism Today looks at a recent Israeli court case ruling RSS scraping legal, and discusses what it might mean for other countries.
- Steve Henn at NPR All Tech Considered considers the copyright ramifications of 3-d printing. He also reveals an economical method of 3-d imaging not everyone may be familiar with.
- Ryan North of Dinosaur Comics humorously points out a serious problem with the speed of advancing technology. If we can predict we won't be using a single piece of software in 10 years that we are using today, how do we preserve data?
Other Weekly Lists
- Ruth's Recommendations - Ruth Blair - The Passionate Genealogist
- Genealogy News Corral - Diane Haddad - GenealogyInsider
- Fab Finds - Jana Last - Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog
- Monday Morning Mentions - Lynn Palermo - Armchair Genealogist
- Best of the Genea-Blogs - Randy Seaver - GeneaMusings
- Friday Finds - Julie Cahill Tarr - GenBlog
Two Week Calendar
- Feb 26 - Intercalary Days (Baha'i) [Feb 26-March 1]
- Feb 26 - Savior's Day (Nation of Islam)
- Feb 28 - Rare Disease Day
- March 1 - Ancient Roman New Year
- March 1 - National Pig Day (US)
- March 2 - Nineteen Day Fast (Baha'i) [March 2-20]
- March 8 - International Women's Day (Eastern Europe, Russia, former Soviet Bloc)
- March 10 - Meatfare Sunday (Orthodox Christian)
- March 10 - Maha Shivaratri (Hindu)