Yes, even bloggers have traditions. From the comfort of my blog, with Hot Toddy in hand, my flannel jammies and furry slippers on, I will blog my favorite Christmas Carol on Friday, December 12.Here are my four favorite Hanuka song YouTube Videos
So my fellow GeneaBloggers, I challenge each of you to blog your favorite Christmas Carol - Blog Caroling. We'll all sing along!
1) Adam Sandler's Original Hanukkah Song
[I like this concert video since he used the concert video screens to display pictures of all the people mentioned in the song.]
2) The Leevee's "How do you spell Channukkahh?"
[Pedantic note: There is no one proper way to spell the word in English. Since the Hebrew alphabet uses different characters, any English spelling is a phonetic approximation. And as the song points out, in Spanish, the initial 'H' sound is spelled with a J.]
3) Tom Lehrer's "Hanukkah in Santa Monica"
4) Peter Yarrow, Paul Stookey, and Mary Travers performing "Light One Candle" [Written by Peter Yarrow]
(Yes, I like the serious songs too.)
And my favorite Christmas Carol, which I have difficulty listening to without crying.
5) Skip Ewing's "My Name is Christmas Carol"
[I chose this particular video since it provides the lyrics as well]