1) Write down which of your ancestors that you have met in person (yes, even if you were too young to remember them).In addition to my two parents, who recently celebrated their 49th anniversary together -- I have met four ancestors, for a total of six.
2) Tell us their names, where they lived, and their relationship to you.
1) My paternal grandfather, Melvin Lester Newmark. He was born in St. Louis, Missouri on August 27, 1912. He lived until 1992.
2) My paternal grandmother, Belle "Sissie" (Feinstein) Newmark. She was born in St. Louis, Missouri on August 14, 1914. She lived until 2002.
3) My maternal grandfather, Martin Deutsch. He was born in Varalmas, Hungary on February 28, 1907. The Deutsch family immigrated to the US in 1913 and settled in Chicago, IL. My grandfather moved to St. Louis in 1933. He lived until 1991.
My maternal grandmother, Myrtle (Van Every) Deutsch, died in 1951, 18 years before I was born. My grandfather married Marjorie (Shelp Helmkampf) in 1965. I grew up thinking of her as my grandmother, even though she wasn't my ancestor.
4) my paternal grandfather's mother, Bertha (Cruvant) Newmark. She was likely born in East St. Louis, Illinois on the Jewish holiday of Rosh HaShana in either 1886 or 1887. (Sept 30, 1886 or Sept 19th, 1887). She lived until 1978 when I was 9 years old.