from genealogy blogs, newspaper articles and elsewhere
[being posted a day later than usual; hopefully I will be back on schedule next week.]
James Tanner at Genealogy's Star shares a Testimony Against Procrastination
The Ancestry Insider discusses why you can't always copy everything in the public domain.
Schelly Talalay Dardashti writes about Finding Family on Facebook
Laura at It's All Relative comes up with a 12 Step Program for Genealogists
The latest issue of the Shades of the Departed magazine has been released.
The 98th Edition of the Carnival of Genealogy has been released.
Other Weekly Lists
Due to a busy weekend and a desire to post this as soon as possible, my list above is shorter than I would like. However, the genealogy bloggers below provide their selections - many different from my own.
Amanuensis Monday: October 4th participants
[Amanuensis Monday is a weekly blogging theme I began in February of 2009, where participants transcribe letters, audio, and other documents. Why I do this.]
- Leslie Ann at Ancestors Live Here
- Valerie C. at Begin with Craft
- Betty Tartas at Betty's Boneyard Genealogy
- Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings
- Greg Lamberson at Greg Lamberson's Genealogy Blog
- Barbara Poole at Life from the Roots
- Nancy at My Ancestors and Me
- Anonymous at Nolichucky Roots
- Heather Wilkinson Rojo at Nutfield Genealogy
- Lisa Wallen Logsdon at Old Stones Undeciphered
- Teresa Wilson Rogers at Rogers Family History
- John Newmark at TransylvanianDutch
- Stachia at The Wandering Vine
If you participated, but don't appear on this list, please, let me know.