- Dear Myrtle shares the information that a new source-centric genealogy program, Evidentia, is issuing a call for beta testers.
- Kate Theimer at ArchivesNext suggests a couple places to donate money to help archives impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
- Rebecca Goldman at Derangement and Description presents some archival humor on LucasFilm being purchased by Disney.
- A parody of Malvina Reynolds' Little Boxes (Hat/Tip: Upfront with NGS)
Other Weekly Lists
Two Week Calendar
- Nov 4 - Mischief Night (UK)
- Nov 5 - Guy Fawkes Night (UK)
- Nov 6 - US Election Day
- Nov 6 - Finnish Swedish Heritage Day
- Nov 8 - World Urbanism Day
- Nov 9 - Schicksalstag (Germany)
- Nov 9 - International Day Against Fascism and Antisemitism
- Nov 10 - US Marine Corps birthday
- Nov 11 - New Year (Jain)
- Nov 11 - Father's Day (Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Sweden, Norway)
- Nov 11 - Armistice/Remembrance/Veterans Day (US, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, France, Belgium)
- Nov 11 - Deepavali/Diwali (Hindu) - Nov 11-15
- Nov 11 - Birth of Baha'u'llah (Bahai) - Nov 11 (sunset) to Nov 12 (sunset)
- Nov 13 - World Kindness Day
- Nov 14 - World Diabetes Day
- Nov 14 - Hijra (Islamic New Year) - Nov 14 (sunset) to Nov 15 (sunset)
- Nov 15 - Shichi-Go-San (Japan)
- Nov 15 - Beginning of Winter Lent (Eastern Orthodox)
- Nov 16 - International Day of Tolerance
Schrödinger the Cat’s Election Theorem: You can’t know whether your candidate has won or lost until the votes are counted. Until that moment, your candidate is half a winner, and half a loser.