- Megan Smolenyak at The Huffington Post writes about a reply she recently received to a letter she wrote 28 years
- At the Graveyard Rabbit Online Journal Julie Goucher writes of the decimation of graves in Australia, and a petition to stop the process.
- In Find Where Your Slave Ancestors are Buried, Hillary Crosley at The Root interviews the Fordham University staff behind the new Burial Database Project of Enslaved African Americans.
- Nissan Tzur of The Jerusalem Post reports that the Warsaw Municipality is handing over control of the Brodno cemetary to the Jewish community. Constructed in 1780, the cemetery was devastated by the Nazis. A restoration project is planned.
- Elli Fischer at The Jewish Week looks at the origins of the myth that those with tattoos can't be buried in a Jewish cemetery.
- In science news, the study of the ancestry of house mites, reveals devolution is possible.
(sorry, couldn't resist)
Other Weekly Lists
- Genealogy News Corral - Diane Haddad - GenealogyInsider
- Fab Finds - Jana Last - Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog
- Blog Posts for Genealogists - Michael J Leclerc - Mocavo Blog
- Monday Morning Mentions - Lynn Palermo - Armchair Genealogist
- Best of the Genea-Blogs - Randy Seaver - Genea-Musings
- Genealogy Round Up - Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak - MSS's Roots World
- Friday Finds - Julie Cahill Tarr - GenBlog
Two Week Calendar
- March 10 - Meatfare Sunday (Orthodox Christian)
- March 10 - Maha Shivaratri (Hindu)
- March 11 - Johnny Appleseed Day
- March 11 - Commonwealth Day (Commonwealth of Nations)
- March 12 - World Day Against Cyber Censorship
- March 13 - L. Ron Hubbard's Birthday (Scientology)
- March 14 - Pi Day (3.14)
- March 15 - International Day Against Police Brutality
- March 15 - Ides of March
- March 16 - Bacchanalia (Ancient Rome) [March 16-17]
- March 17 - St. Patrick's Day
- March 17 - Cheesefare Sunday (Orthodox Christian)
- March 18 - Lent Begins (Orthodox Christian)
- March 19 - Saint Joseph's Day (Christian)
- March 20 - Ostara (northern hemisphere) Mabon (southern hemisphere) (Pagan)
- March 21 - New Year (Baha'i)
- March 21 - New Year (Persian/Zoroastrian)
- March 24 - Palm Sunday (Christian)
- March 24 - Orthodox Sunday (Orthodox Christian)
For those who may not have seen my earlier post, I am conducting a survey to see how readers are following my blog posts. I am also curious if there are any other places you would like to be able to read my posts. If so, leave a comment.