If you click on the category link below this post, you'll notice that most of the themes have been fun and lighthearted, however, today I said to myself, "Let's do a Friday Five," so I looked at the calendar to see if there were any holidays coming up, and I noticed Holocaust Remembrance Day (Yom Hashoah) on Monday. A fan of Mel Brooks, I couldn't resist the opportunity. It is springtime after all.
My apologies to anyone who feels the below (or above) is at all inappropriate.
All of the below names were found in databases at Ancestry.com
- Crystal Knot – 1900 US census – Age 9 – Shields, Lake, IL
- Robert Auschwitz – 1920 US census – Age 3 – St. Louis, MO
- George Hashoas – 1885 Nebraska state census – Age 2 – Friend, Saline, NE
- Celia Kaddish – 1911 UK census – Age 4 – Yorkshire-West Riding
- Gay Hitler – 1910 US census – Age 28 – Pickaway Ohio
According to my quick research Gay Ludwig Hitler graduated from Kenyon College in 1905, was a member of the Beta Theta Pi fraternity, and became a dentist. He died in 1928.
There’s no photograph of the tombstone on FindAGrave, but there is a photograph of the entrance to Hitler-Ludwig Cemetery in Circleville, Ohio.