Every post I share will appear here:
TransylvanianDutch Weekly/Daily Picks
- This page has an RSS feed, so you can subscribe to it and receive every post I share, when I share it.
- If you have a TheOldReader account, you can 'follow' it instead, and it will appear separately from your other subscriptions.
- Or you can bookmark the page and stop by whenever you wish and see my latest selections
- I have a list of the five most recent shared posts on the left sidebar, along with a link to the page.
- I can connect the page to Facebook, through a setting in TheOldReader, and it will be shared there as well. I'm not doing this, but it is an option.
- I will only be sharing items I think will be of interest in the same categories I was already sharing posts on this blog. TheOldReader has both a "Share" and a "Like" feature, so I have a different method of bookmarking posts of personal interest to me.
- I will not be able to share anything that doesn't appear in an RSS feed to which I currently subscribe. This mostly means news articles.
- If you don't have a TheOldReader account, the page includes the full posts that are shared, so if you bookmark the page, you will probably have to scroll through posts you don't wish to read. (If you do have a TheOldReader account, and simply bookmark the page, the posts will appear in a collapsible format which will be easier to scroll through.)
- If you subscribe to the feed, you should be able to skip over posts in the same way you normally would with whatever news reader you use.
- Many of those who subscribe to the feed will see duplicate posts - the first one by the original blogger, and then my share of it. Mine may often include a line or two of commentary.
- I think this will free up about an hour on my weekends I can spend actually conducting genealogy research, composing original content for this blog, or other activities.