- Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak at MSS Roots World has learned that the Social Security Administration has extended the FOIA restriction to 100 years.
- Rabbi Rachel Barenblat, The Velveteen Rabbi, recently wrote a Spiritual Will which may resonate with some family historians.
- Lorine McGinnis Schulze at the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog in What Will You Do With Your Genealogy Research?
- Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings in Dear Randy: What are you going to do with your Genealogy-Stuff?
- National Archives to Release 1940 Census Free Online on April 2, 2012 (National Archives Press Releases)
- Digital Preservation Europe has released a series of humorous videos (hat/tip: UpFront with the NGS)
And a comic with which I identified.
I saw the above XKCD comic, and thought about changing the text to: "Never have I felt so close to another soul and yet so helplessly alone as when I Google an ancestor and there's one result: a thread by someone with the same brick wall and no answer. Last posted to in 2003. Who where you, GeneaResearcher9? What have you learned?!"
Other Weekly Link Lists
- Randy Seaver's Best of the Genea-Blogs at Genea-Musings
- Deb Ruth's Follow Friday Gems at Adventures in Genealogy
- Ruth Blair's Ruth's Recommendations at The Passionate Genealogist
- Julie Cahill Tarr's Friday Finds at GenBlog
- Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak's Genealogy Round Up at MSS's RootsWorld